Warning Signs :
- Being overweight (Body Mass Index BMI of greater than 28)
- Family history of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- A neck greater than 17 inches for men and 16 inches for women
- Frequent use of alcohol or sedatives
- Have you ever been told you appear to stop breathing while sleeping?
- Person over the age of 65
- Uncontrollable high blood pressure
- Person who displays a recessed chin
- Person with a excessively large tongue
- Menopausal woman
- Do you often feel tired during the day despite a full night's sleep?
EPWORTH SLEEPINESS SCALE MINI TEST
Use the Epworth Sleepiness Scale to measure your general level of sleepiness. This is a mini test based on yes or no answers. Please call to schedule a consultation if you feel that you have an underlying sleep condition. Our New Patient Paperwork Packet has the full in depth Epworth Test.
How likely would you be to fall asleep in the following situations?
If you answered YES to more then 3 of these questions you may have an underlying sleep conditon. Please call the office for a consultation so we can help you get a better nights sleep.
Note: Messages sent using this form are not considered private. Please contact our
office by telephone if sending highly confidential or private information.